WHAT IS A CSA?
HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT THAN ORDERING A WEEKLY VEGGIE BOX?
CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture”. Developed in the 1960’s in Japan, CSA programs are designed to build a relationship between the farmer and community. Members (that’s you) buy shares in the farms output before the season starts, and then reap the benefits of the harvest each week as the season progresses. CSA members agree to share in the fluctuation and variations inherent in farming, and understand that their produce will be grown with organic, sustainable farming practices. Members are, in essence, shareholders in the farm, thus becoming invested in its successes and failures. This joint venture allows the farmer to receive capital before the season starts when they need it most and allows them to be in the field during the growing season instead of worrying about selling their produce.
There are other benefits to supporting local farms and CSA programs. As consumers, we have become accustomed to buying fruits and vegetables shipped from all over the world, regardless of the season. This is a waste of resources and energy. This also means that food is harvested before it has ripened in order to make the journey. This long journey sacrifices the nutritional value and flavor of the produce. By choosing locally grown food, you ensure that you are eating the freshest, most nutrient dense and best tasting food possible and being environmentally responsible at the same time.
A Weekly Veggie Box is an a la carte order process and simply allows you to pre-order our farm fresh produce online and pick up on the farm.
MAIN SEASON CSA SHARE:
- Choose Weekly Shares (26 weeks for $780) or Bi-Weekly Shares (13 weeks over the same 29 week period $409).
- Our Main Season CSA runs from mid-April through early November and has 3 weeks throughout the season when it does not deliver. 2 weeks in August we are closed to CSA orders and 1 additional “skip week” when a pause is needed for vacation or lack of need. A total of 26 or 13 shares are delivered during this period after all “skip weeks”.
- We recommend that all members consider donating 1 or 2 Shares per 26 week period. Weaver Acres will ensure these vegetables are given to a family or charity in need
- Members receive 5% off Full Share CSA – Pay in full and receive an additional 5% discount for a total of 10% off.
- Non-Members pay in full and receive a 5% discount or make two payments and pay full price.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
Each CSA Member will enjoy a weekly or bi-weekly share of fresh, locally produced fruits, vegetables, microgreens(at times) and herbs (depending on availability). Our carefully selected varieties and growing practices bring out the very best in flavor and nutrition. Produce is harvested when it is ripe, just before you receive it. Members can enjoy peace of mind knowing that everything is grown using natural and organic methods and inputs. We never use chemicals, synthetic pesticides or herbicides on any of our crops.
We will send out sporadic newsletters throughout the harvest season, filled with updates, ideas, recipes, cooking tips and current info from the farm. Members can also look forward to exclusive farm tours, events and opportunities to volunteer and learn about how their food is grown. We want our members to have a fully immersed experience to give them a true understanding of our farm and how their food is grown. We are growing for you and our community!
We offer weekly shares available for pickup here on the farm. A sample of a CSA share might include: a bag of lettuce mix, a bunch of carrots, a head of romaine lettuce, a bunch of beets, a bunch of kale, green onions, and snap peas. Our members also have the option of adding a number of other products, fresh-cut flowers and herbs to each CSA pick up.
WHAT WE GROW:
Arugula, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Flowers, Fennel, Garlic, Green Beans, Herbs, Kale, Lettuce, Melons, Onions, Peppers, Potatoes, Radishes, Scallions, Spinach, Summer Squash/Zucchini, Salad Mix, Sweet Potatoes, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Winter Squash
FALL/WINTER CSA OPTION:
OPENS FOR ENROLLMENT AUGUST 2020
FARM FLEX CARD:
- Want to support local agriculture and small farming without committing to a weekly or bi-weekly subscription? Purchase a Farm Flex Card for $500 and receive $525 to spend at our farm store. Purchase a Farm Card for $1000.00 and receive $1100 to spend
- Our Farm Flex Card allows you to purchase only the items you want.
- Our Farm Flex Card allows you to spend your credit at your convenience.
- BUY A FARM FLEX CARD TODAY