Whats The Deal With Membership?
Weekly Member Deals ✔
5% off every in-store purchase ✔
Free Members-Only Online Ordering System - COMING SOON ✔
U-Pick Fruit & Flower events - Free Admission ✔
Self-Guided Farm Tours ✔
Discounted Butcher Boxes Featuring Locally Raised, Pastured, non-GMO Meat and Poultry - COMING SOON ✔
Exclusive Access to Value Add Products ✔
Limited number available - Guaranteed to pay for itself ✔
Your All Access Pass to everything Weaver Acres Farm has to offer! Annual Membership supports the Farm Store at Weaver Acres by bringing the Farmer's Market to you 4 days per week. As a result, you will no longer be relegated to early morning trips to the market on Saturday. Secondarily, you don't have to navigate the parking and crowds at the Durham, Chapel Hill or Carrboro Markets every weekend. But instead, can conveniently shop any of our 4 days in order to get those products from your favorite local farms and artisan producers. In addition to the benefits of our schedule your support allows us to bring you a diverse selection of locally sourced meat, poultry, eggs, cheese and dairy from small producers in our immediate area who, in many cases may not have the ability to sell into traditional wholesale markets. We are proud to be able to feature many of these products at comparable prices to other outlets thanks to the support of your membership.
- Q: How much is it?
- A: Our Family Membership option is $125/yr, while our Senior Membership (70+) is $95/yr.
- Q: Why are you a membership based farm?
- A: We are a membership based farm because of our unique business model. Unlike Costco and Amazon we use the annual dues collected towards supporting a small farm and providing a hands-on agricultural experience in our community.
- Q: How are my dues used to support hands-on agriculture in my community?
- A: Thanks to the dues collected from our members we are able to conduct certain classes, host events and field trips as well as contribute food directly to the community at no cost and without charge. As much as 33% of all dues collected are used to give back to the community annually through these outlets. Additional uses of the money include the ongoing development of the farm, maintaining the farm for public access and to make improvements to the member experience. 100% of the membership dues collected are used on the farm.
- Q: What else are the membership dues used for?
- A: As stated before 100% of all membership dues are used for the farm. Specifically, we use these funds to support our soil-building practices, natural growing practices and employment practices. Additional uses include the import of beneficial insects as well as the planting of beneficial flora and fauna.